Vendor Spotlight: Sweet Treats DMV
You want that…cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake, cake…OK, I’ll stop! We love our bakers and want to share the love by showcasing their talents and work.
This week we bring you Sweet Treats DMV, a company that offers custom cakes and desserts. TaWanda started her career by teaching herself how to bake and decorate cakes. After deciding that she wanted to learn about pastries as a whole, she enrolled in the Baking and Pastry program at Anne Arundel Community College. There, she learned about making cakes, as well as, how to create chocolates and confections, cookies, and bread.
She hit the ground running after completing the program and worked in various bake shops and restaurants in the DC Metro area – solidifying her skills as a pastry chef.
A few things to keep in mind before we show you her delicious work!
- Tastings are available for a fee and all details can be found here
- There is no storefront, but they offer free delivery within 25 miles of Suitland, MD. Shipping is not available
- Last minute orders may not be fulfilled, so 2 weeks in advance is a good time to place your order
- Square payments accept all credit cards with a payment schedule of 50% deposit and payment due 1 week prior to the event
- Although vegan and gluten-free products are available, since all products are made in the same kitchen, one should be mindful of cross-contamination of any allergens
- Single tiers (6″ – 12″ that serve 10 – 50+) are $40 – $110 +
- Two tier (serving 30 – 80+) are $120 – $320 +
- Three tier (serving 60 – 100+) are $240 – $400 +
- Cupcake pricing is available on their website
Find their images on Facebook, below are some of our favorites. All images from Sweet Treats DMV